About This Course
This course will be your perfect guide and will help you get up-and-running with building cross-platform mobile applications with the Xamarin.Forms framework.
You will learn about the basics of Visual Studio 19, how to download and install it, and Xcode. We will cover View Model concepts and explore Data Binding as well as event handlers. We use a practical and hands-on approach to help you understand NUnit and Moq concepts effectively. You will understand how Xamarin.Forms allow you to create user interfaces that can be shared across platforms.
We start by running a program using both Android and iOS emulators and simulators, respectively. Then we will set up a solution for your cross-development project. Along the way, you will look at unit-testing your code.
By the end of the course, you'll be confident enough to design and develop cross-platform applications with the help of Xamarin.Forms.
The code bundle for this course is available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-On-Cross-Platform-Development-with-Xamarin.Forms
- Certificate will provided in this course on Completion
- Full lifetime access
- Available on Mobile & Laptop
What Students Will Learn In Your Course?
- Master Xamarin.Forms programming to give you 90%+ reuse, while outputting native code that is indistinguishable from code generated in the native platform
- Get a solid understanding of, and proficiency with, XAML to achieve complete control of your application's look and feel
- Completely understand the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern, which is used throughout the industry as the fundamental design pattern for Xamarin
- Understand how Xamarin.Forms views and their corresponding view models fit together to ensure you are creating applications using industry best practices
- Unit-test your code to ensure first-class programs
- Leverage the Inversion of Control and Dependency Injection techniques to facilitate testing
- Extend Xamarin.Forms with effects and custom controls
Are There Any Course Requirements Or Prerequisites?
No prior knowledge of Xamarin.Form is needed. However, a basic knowledge of C# is assumed.
Who Are Your Target Students?
This course is for developers who are familiar with mobile application development and want to build cross-platform applications using Xamarin.Forms.
- 21 lectures