About This Course
Have you only come into brief contact with Linux before, but now you need to set up or maintain a Linux server? Then this course is for you.
With this course you'll learn how to master any Linux machine. Control and master the administration of a Linux machine, whether a workstation or a server. You'll learn how to set up services, monitor the system, perform backups, and schedule common tasks.
By the end of the course you will be ready to start your career as a Linux system administrator.
The code bundle for this video course is available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-on-Linux-System-Administration
- Certificate will provided in this course on Completion
- Full lifetime access
- Available on Mobile & Laptop
What Students Will Learn In Your Course?
- Take control and master the administration of a Linux machine, whether a workstation or a server.
- Deploy services on a Linux machine, such as a web server.
- Create the desired system by installing and removing software of your choosing.
- Secure the system by setting the correct file permissions, removing inactive users, creating new users, and changing user passwords.
- Perform backups of important files on a system, and send those backups to a remote machine or external device.
- Maintain a system by reading its logs, examining its hardware, adding new storage, and monitor its resources.
- Schedule common tasks, so that you don't have to perform them manually. Make the system work for you!
Are There Any Course Requirements Or Prerequisites?
Basic knowledge of Linux is assumed.
Who Are Your Target Students?
This course is for developers who want to start their career as a Linux system administrator by learning all about the command line interface.
- 32 lectures