About This Course
Building microservice architectures is complex. Handling its complexities (such as circuit breaking, rate limiting, observability, or security) is usually left to development teams to implement.
Using well known open source frameworks is an option, but this will quickly lead to excessive library bloat and suddenly your services are not quite so micro anymore.
This course provides practical hands-on experience in using the Istio service mesh. Instead of implementing cross-cutting concerns within each service, you will see how a service mesh allows you to transparently inject and decorate the desired concerns into individual communication channels.
We discuss the conceptual Istio architecture with its main building blocks and how it works. Then demonstrate how to install Istio and use its traffic management, resilience, diagnosability, and security features.
By the end of this course, you will be ready to deploy Istio into production and run your next cloud-native microservice architecture.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on GitHub at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Kubernetes-Service-Mesh-with-Istio
- Certificate will provided in this course on Completion
- Full lifetime access
- Available on Mobile & Laptop
What Students Will Learn In Your Course?
- Explore the Istio architecture and its components
- Install the Istio service mesh in Kubernetes using Helm (and manually)
- Control ingress and egress traffic in the service mesh
- Apply path, header, and weight-based routing strategies
- Perform Blue/Green and Canary deployments with Istio
- Implement service resiliency using timeouts, circuit breakers, bulkheads, and retries
- Perform chaos testing by injecting faults and errors
- Secure the Istio service mesh with mutual TLS and authentication/authorization policies
- Explore and leverage Istio's diagnosability features
Are There Any Course Requirements Or Prerequisites?
Basic programming skills in any language will help you better understand some code samples.
Who Are Your Target Students?
This video course is for cloud developers, architects, and ops professionals who would like to build, deploy, and run their systems and microservices in an easy, controlled, robust, observable, and secure way.
Requirements: Prior knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is required. Basic programming skills in any language will help you better understand some code samples.
- 32 lectures