About This Course
Vasily is leading Tesla Customer Acquisition team. Before Tesla, for three years Vasily led Driver Growth products at Uber. Worked for number of late stage VC funded Silicon Valley startups: Reputation-com, SuccessFactors, BitTorrent
This class is Based on real Product Manager experience at Uber and Tesla.
In this class we will focus on what Products are, how you manage product, and what defines and makes product successful. We will discuss Product Manager role (PM), key skills and responsibilities of PM, and what distinguishes good PM from bad PM.
Who Product Manager is, what product manager is ultimately responsible for (setting the backlog of what is to be built) and how the go about doing that (knowledge of customer, market, data, industry, technology, etc.)
What makes an effective PM (passion for product, strategic thinking, creativity, execution, leadership, cross-functional savvy, etc.).
Then we will take a deeper look into how Strategy is set for New Products, Growth Products, and Mature Products, and how product lifecycle affects priorities.
For each product lifecycle stage will define key success formula which is essential to measuring right things and building Product Strategy that drives success. Formulas we will talk about are
- New Product Success as a multiple of Market, Team, Product, and Luck,
- Growth Product Success as Number of Customers, Growth Rate, Virality and K factor,
- Mature Product Success as Customer Lifetime Value or LTV: Revenue, Gross Margin, Retention, Customer Acquisition Cost
Course Target Audience: Students, curious about what Product Management role is about and how different products are managed. They have a basic understanding of the business world and want to be successful product strategists. They want to know how they can apply the tenets of product strategy to their own business or product, and that's exactly what we are covering in this class.
- Explain key concepts around Product Management and Strategy
- Explain qualitative and quantitative aspects of Product Management and critical importance of both
- Explain product lifecycle stages: New Product, Growth Product, Mature Product and define success for each
What class is NOT about
- How to decide if Product Manager job is good for me
- How to get a Product Manager job
- How to acquire key skills to become a successful product manager
- Certificate will provided in this course on Completion
- Full lifetime access
- Available on Mobile & Laptop
What Students Will Learn In Your Course?
What Products are, how you manage product, and what defines and makes product successful
Product Manager role (PM), key skills and responsibilities of Product Manager
What distinguishes good Product Manager from bad Product Manager
Who Product Manager is, what product manager is ultimately responsible for
What makes an effective Product Manager
New Product Success as a multiple of Market, Team, Product, and Luck
Growth Product Success as Number of Customers, Growth Rate, Virality and K factor
Mature Product Success as Customer Lifetime Value or LTV: Revenue, Gross Margin, Retention, Customer Acquisition Cost
Key concepts around Product Management and Strategy
Qualitative and quantitative aspects of Product Management
Product lifecycle stages: New Product, Growth Product, Mature Product
Are There Any Course Requirements Or Prerequisites?
- This class is based on instructor's real experience in top silicon valley companies such as Uber and Tesla
- No pre-requisites, familiarity with basic Product Management and Business concepts is helpful
Who Are Your Target Students?
- Students, curious about what Product Management role is about
- Product managers and aspiring product managers. Leaders in charge of automation efforts
- Anyone looking to get a job in Product Management
- Anyone wanting to transition into Product Management
- Product Managers who want to advance their skillset
- Entrepreneurs looking to master the product development process
- 11 lectures
Vasily is a Staff Product Manager leading Tesla Customer Acquisition team. In his career, Vasily is primarily focusing on solving large complex problems and profitable growth. He is living and working in San Francisco bay area.
Before joining Tesla, for three years Vasily led Driver Growth and Driver Experience products at Uber. Prior to that, Vasily led consumer product at Reputation-com and worked for number of late stage VC funded Silicon Valley startups: SuccessFactors, BitTorrent and others
Vasily is speaking regularly on topics of automation, product experimentation, understanding customer needs, and managing a product for maximum impact. His other interests include advising and investing in growth startups, teaching online classes to thousands of students, and helping startup employees turn equity packages to liquidity.
Vasily has MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business and holds Master degrees in Physics from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology and Economics from New Economic School. Vasily is a proponent of living healthy, he is a former competitive swimmer and Champion of Moscow Region in Swimming